Thursday, June 02, 2005

Rahsaan Roland Kirk Transcribed


Page 1 of "Meeting on Termini's Corner" Posted by Hello


If you get a chance, take a look at the February 2001 issue of DownBeat (Sonny Rollins is on the cover). Pages 86 & 87 feature my transcription and annotation of Rahsaan's "Meeting On Termini's Corner" from the "Domino" album. The blowing changes are based on "On Green Dolphin Street."
Since they didn't print the whole solo and what they did print is really tiny, I've included a complete copy above (for Bb instruments). For those of you who want a concert key version, let me know and I’ll send it to you.
I have a fair number of Rahsaan Roland Kirk solo transcribed (by me and another musician). We’re trying to get them published, but so far haven’t had any luck.

No comments: